2008/07/18

The Developers Group London - 16.07.2008

The last wednesday I've spoken @ The Developers Group in Microsoft Cardinal Place (London UK).

It has been my second session with them (the first-one was on 14th May still in Microsoft Victoria).

During the may session, I've talked about:

Introduction to Sharepoint Services and MOSS

  • Overview of WSS v3 and MOSS 2007 features and functionality
  • Navigation and taxonomy
  • Access control and security
  • Site columns
  • Content types
  • Lists and Views

During the this week session, the content was:

    Sharepoint Services as a Developer Platform: How to Develop & Deploy Web Parts

  • Visual Studio Extensions for SharePoint 1.2
  • Web Part Development
  • How to Deploy Code and Resources
  • Site Properties

This time I was in trouble with my virtual-machine performances (it's not so easy a development live session with a 15 GB VMs running on a Laptop...) and also with my strong italian accent (ok Joanna I confident that I'll be able to learn to cut the words! :-D )

I like enjoy these meetings, the partecipants are great and sessions very interesting (...not the mine).

For the upcoming sessions take a look at http://www.richplum.co.uk/

No comments: